International institutions ready funds for Ebola-hit countries -officials
WASHINGTON Aug 4 (Reuters) - International financial institutions are preparing funding packages for Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea, which have been hard hit by the spreading Ebola virus, the head of the African Development Bank and other bank officials said on Monday.
Donald Kaberuka, president of the African Development Bank, told Reuters his institution would immediately disburse a total of $50 million for the three countries.
The World Bank is set to announce funding later this week following approval by its board, bank officials said.
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset