International institutions ready funds for Ebola-hit countries -officials
WASHINGTON Aug 4 (Reuters) - International financial institutions are preparing funding packages for Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea, which have been hard hit by the spreading Ebola virus, the head of the African Development Bank and other bank officials said on Monday.
Donald Kaberuka, president of the African Development Bank, told Reuters his institution would immediately disburse a total of $50 million for the three countries.
The World Bank is set to announce funding later this week following approval by its board, bank officials said.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |