RPT-U.S. Treasury expects to borrow $192 bln in third quarter
(Repeats to cover alerts)
WASHINGTON Aug 4 (Reuters) - The United States said on Monday it will borrow $192 billion in net marketable debt between July and September, the smallest level of borrowing for a third quarter since 2007 and a reflection of an improving U.S. economy.
The Treasury said it expects to issue $187 billion in net marketable debt for the October-December period.
The Treasury had previously forecast borrowing $169 billion in debt markets in the current quarter. It said the increase in the estimate was due to slightly lower receipts in public coffers and plans to hold a larger cash balance at the close of the quarter. (Reporting by Jason Lange; Editing by Andrea Ricci)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies