Bancolombia reports second-quarter net profit more than doubles
BOGOTA Aug 5 (Reuters) - Colombia's biggest bank Bancolombia on Tuesday reported net profit more than doubled in the second quarter versus the same period a year earlier, on the back of an expansion of its loan portfolio and lower costs.
In a filing with the financial regulator, Bancolombia said consolidated net profit reached 467.3 billion pesos ($248.7 million) during the three-month period, up from 209.7 billion a year earlier. That is equivalent to 508 pesos per share, or $1.08 per American Depositary Receipt, it said.
The second-quarter profit is 8 percent less than the bank registered in the first quarter.
Bancolombia's loan portfolio reached 89.5 trillion pesos, up 23.7 percent from the same period a year earlier.
(1,878.7 Colombian pesos = $1) (Reporting by Helen Murphy; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California