New Suez Canal channel cost estimated at $4 bln -authority chairman
CAIRO Aug 5 (Reuters) - A new 72-km (45-mile) canal alongside to be built alongside the existing the Suez Canal is expected to cost $4 billion, the chairman of the Suez Canal Authority said on Tuesday.
"The total estimated cost of digging ... for the new channel will be about four billion dollars," Mohab Mamish told a conference in Ismailia, a port town on the Suez Canal, broadcast by state television. (Reporting by Ahmed Tolba and Oliver Holmes)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran atom talks set to resume next month after missing deadline
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'