Office Depot posts bigger loss as costs soar
Aug 5 (Reuters) - Office Depot Inc reported a bigger quarterly loss as costs soared 58 percent and retail same-store sales fell 3 percent in North America, its largest market.
Net loss attributable to shareholders widened to $190 million, or 36 cents per share, in the second quarter ended June 28 from $64 million, or 23 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales jumped 59 percent to $3.84 billion. (Reporting by Devika Krishna Kumar in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California