Coal miner Alpha Natural's quarterly loss widens
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Coal miner Alpha Natural Resources Inc reported a bigger quarterly loss as coal prices remained weak.
Net loss widened to $512.6 million, or $2.32 per share, in the second quarter ended June 30, from $185.7 million, or 84 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue dropped 21 percent to $1.05 billion. (Reporting by Sneha Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Kurds say they have halted Islamic State advance on Syrian town |