REFILE-Cognizant quarterly revenue rises 16.5 pct
(Corrects dateline to Aug 6 from Aug 5)
Aug 6 (Reuters) - IT services provider Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp reported a 16.5 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by higher IT spending in North America and Europe.
The company's net income in the second quarter ended June 30 rose to $371.9 million, or 61 cents per share, from $300.4 million, or 49 cents per share, a year ago.
Revenue rose to $2.52 billion from $2.16 billion a year earlier. (Reporting by Soham Chatterjee and Supantha Mukherjee in Bangalore; Editing by Simon Jennings)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5