Euronext declines comment on wheat delivery quality
PARIS Aug 6 (Reuters) - A spokeswoman for Euronext declined to comment on Wednesday on market talk that the delivery silos Euronext's wheat futures <0#BL2:> contracts are tied to could change their quality requirements for incoming grain.
Euronext's Paris-based wheat futures rose sharply in early trade on Wednesday on talk that the market's two delivery silos would revise their quality criteria to preserve milling quality after a rain-hit French harvest looks set to be a low grade one.
Traders have said that Euronext and the silo operators have been holding meetings since Tuesday on the issue, but none of the parties has confirmed the discussions. (Reporting by Valerie Parent, writing by Gus Trompiz; Editing by Andrew Callus)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade