Telefonica cutting Telecom Italia stake eases concerns-official
BRASILIA Aug 6 (Reuters) - An offer by Telefonica SA to pass its stake in Telecom Italia SpA to France's Vivendi SA would help to resolve concerns raised by Brazilian antitrust regulator Cade, the head of the agency said on Wednesday.
Telefonica offered the Telecom Italia shares to Vivendi on Tuesday as part of its offer for the French group's Brazilian broadband unit, GVT SA. (Reporting by Leonardo Goy)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown