Japan chat app Line to set up fund for developing mobile games
TOKYO (Reuters) - Line Corp said on Wednesday that it is investing 10 billion yen ($97.5 million) in a new mobile game development fund, as the Japan-based social messaging service firm seeks to bolster its gaming sector and expand its overseas business.
The company said it will establish Line Ventures to run the new gaming fund LINE GAME Global Gateway. The new fund will allow Japanese mobile game developers to receive financial assistance in developing mobile games.
Line's corporate parent is South Korean online portal operator Naver Corp. (1 US dollar = 102.5600 yen)
(Reporting by Teppei Kasai; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor who worked in Africa first Ebola case in New York City |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case