Japan chat app Line to set up fund for developing mobile games
TOKYO (Reuters) - Line Corp said on Wednesday that it is investing 10 billion yen ($97.5 million) in a new mobile game development fund, as the Japan-based social messaging service firm seeks to bolster its gaming sector and expand its overseas business.
The company said it will establish Line Ventures to run the new gaming fund LINE GAME Global Gateway. The new fund will allow Japanese mobile game developers to receive financial assistance in developing mobile games.
Line's corporate parent is South Korean online portal operator Naver Corp. (1 US dollar = 102.5600 yen)
(Reporting by Teppei Kasai; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California