China's appeal fails to overturn WTO rare earths ruling
GENEVA Aug 7 (Reuters) - China has lost its appeal at the World Trade Organization in a case brought by the United States, the European Union and Japan to challenge China's restrictions on rare earths exports, according to a WTO Appellate Body ruling published on Thursday.
"...China has not demonstrated that the export quotas that China applies to various forms of rare earths, tungsten and molybdenum by virtue of the series of measures at issue are justified...," the document's conclusion said. (Reporting by Tom Miles; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Defiant Hong Kong protesters demand leader steps down |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border