UK watchdog bans short selling in Monte Dei Paschi, Tod's
LONDON Aug 8 (Reuters) - Britain's Financial Conduct Authority said on Friday it has banned short-selling in shares of Italy's Banca Monte Dei Paschi and Italian shoemaker Tod's, following similar action by Italy's regulator Consob.
The FCA said the two bans are in place until 11:59 p.m. (2259 GMT) on Aug. 11.
(Reporting by Huw Jones; Editing by Erica Billingham)
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Euro data hits stocks, China reading soothes commodities