CANADA FX-C$ hits session low after disappointing Canadian jobs data
TORONTO Aug 8 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar fell to a session low against the greenback on Friday after data showed the country's economy added far fewer jobs than expected in July.
The Canadian dollar was at C$1.0960 to the greenback, or 91.24 U.S. cents, weaker than Thursday's close of C$1.0921, or 91.57 U.S. cents. The loonie hit a low of C$1.0965 shortly after the report was released. (Reporting by Leah Schnurr Editing by W Simon)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade