Russia's Lavrov discusses humanitarian mission in Ukraine with Kerry
MOSCOW Aug 9 (Reuters) - Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has spoken by telephone with his U.S. counterpart John Kerry and called for "urgent measures for preventing an impending humanitarian catastrophe in south eastern regions" of Ukraine, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
- U.S. pledges 3,000 troops to fight Ebola; experts say more needed
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |
- Stocks turn higher ahead of Fed meeting, oil up