Tropical storm warning lifted for all Hawaii as Iselle passes by
KAPAAU, Hawaii Aug 8 (Reuters) - A tropical storm warning has been lifted for all Hawaii, after the storm, Iselle, battered the state, said Ray Tanabe, acting director of the National Weather Service in the Pacific region.
As Hawaii residents clean up from Tropical Storm Iselle, they are bracing for the arrival of Category 2 Hurricane Julio which is expected to make landfall as early as Sunday. (Reporting by Ken Wills in Kapaau and Malia Matthoch McManus in Honolulu, Writing by Alex Dobuzinskis; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- North Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |