Biodel's insulin drug found effective in trial
Aug 11 (Reuters) - Biodel Inc said its experimental insulin formulation was found more effective than current therapies in controlling glucose after two meals, in a mid-stage trial.
The company's shares rose about 10 percent to $2.10 before the bell.
The study was testing the drug, BIOD-531, against Eli Lilly and Co's Humalog Mix 75/25 and Humulin R U-500 in patients with type 2 diabetes with moderate insulin resistance. (Reporting by Natalie Grover in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Missouri officials to reveal grand jury's decision on teen's shooting |
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |