Barclays Bank of Kenya says H1 pretax profit up 12 pct
NAIROBI Aug 12 (Reuters) - Barclays Bank of Kenya's half year pretax profit rose 12 percent to 6.1 billion shillings ($69.36 million) compared to the the same period last year, largely due to a surge in customer loans, the bank said on Tuesday.
Jeremy Awori, the managing director for the bank that is controlled by Barclays Plc, said the loan book grew by 20 percent to 128 billion shillings during the first-half. (Reporting by James Macharia, editing by William Hardy)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Man charged with killing NFL player Peterson's son released on bond: report