Australian casino company Echo annual profit rises
SYDNEY Aug 13 (Reuters) - Australian gaming company Echo Entertainment Group posted a 12 percent rise in core earnings on Wednesday, boosted by an improved performance from its Australian casinos.
Echo, which operates Sydney's Star casino, posted normalised earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation and excluding significant items of A$439.1 million ($406.9 million), above the raised guidance of A$430-A$435 million it gave in June.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |