PRESS DIGEST - China - Aug 12
SHANGHAI Aug 12 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Tuesday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
- The shareholders of Hong Yuan Securities Co Ltd have agreed to be bought by Shenyin Wanguo Securities, it said in a public filing.
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- Assets of Chinese trusts stood at more than 12 trillion yuan ($1.95 trillion) at the end of June, according to figures released by the Chinese Trustee Association. The June figure shows a decrease of 240 billion yuan from a month earlier, the first monthly fall seen in the industry.
- Authorities in Tianjin are probing local real-estate agents on suspicion of price collusion, following public complaints of price fixing. The investigation shows that authorities are not exclusively focused on foreign companies, experts told the paper.
- The UK launched a 24-hour priority visa service in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou on Monday. The move to simplify the application process was made to attract more Chinese visitors.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see..... (1 US dollar = 6.1528 Chinese yuan) (Reporting by Shanghai Newsroom; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor