Romania's Romgaz H1 net profit beats forecast
BUCHAREST Aug 12 (Reuters) - Romanian state-controlled natural gas producer Romgaz SA recorded a net profit of 871 million lei ($263 million) in the first half, 40 percent up on the year, with revenues boosted by a recovering economy.
The Romgaz profit average estimate of 835 million lei is according to a Reuters poll of four banks and brokerages. It recorded a net of 622 million lei in the same period in 2013.
It said revenue from gas sale from internal production rose by 46 percent on the year to 2 billion lei in January-June, with revenue from underground gas storage 45 percent up.
Romgaz, listed on the Bucharest bourse and in London, has a market capitalisation of around $4.0 billion. It is the country's largest underground gas storage operator and its businesses include gas exploration and electricity production.
($1 = 3.3127 Romanian lei) (Reporting by Radu Marinas)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. experts hunt for Ebola exposure after first case |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks: source |