Cowboys cornerback Scandrick gets four-game ban for PED
(Reuters) - Dallas Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick has been suspended for four games after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs, the NFL reported on Monday.
Scandrick will be eligible to return to action on October 5 against the Houston Texans.
Entering his seventh season in the NFL, Scandrick started 15 of 16 games for the Cowboys last season. He had 64 tackles, two interceptions and a forced fumble.
His absence will further weaken a Dallas defense already missing key players due to injury.
(Writing by Jahmal Corner in Los Angeles; Editing by Peter Rutherford)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets