Cowboys cornerback Scandrick gets four-game ban for PED
(Reuters) - Dallas Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick has been suspended for four games after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs, the NFL reported on Monday.
Scandrick will be eligible to return to action on October 5 against the Houston Texans.
Entering his seventh season in the NFL, Scandrick started 15 of 16 games for the Cowboys last season. He had 64 tackles, two interceptions and a forced fumble.
His absence will further weaken a Dallas defense already missing key players due to injury.
(Writing by Jahmal Corner in Los Angeles; Editing by Peter Rutherford)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |