S.Korea's Dongwon Systems to buy bottle maker from MBK Partners for $243 mln
SEOUL Aug 13 (Reuters) - South Korean aluminium and food can maker Dongwon Systems Corp said it has agreed to buy bottle maker Techpack Solutions Co Ltd for 250 billion won ($243 million) from Asia-Pacific private equity fund MBK Partners.
In a regulatory filing on Wednesday, Dongwon Systems said the price tag covers the acquisition of 100 percent of Techpack Solutions' equity. Dongwon Systems had said on Monday it was considering buying Techpack.
Including debt, the total deal value is about 450 billion won, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said. The source wasn't authorised to discuss the matter and spoke on condition of anonymity.
MBK and Techpack declined to comment.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch advised MBK on the deal. ($1 = 1,027.4000 Korean won) (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Kenneth Maxwell)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Pennsylvania sniper held without bail in trooper shooting |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Gazprom to resume gas supply after Ukraine pays $2.2 billion