UPDATE 1-Magnitude 5.8 quake shakes southwest Mexico, no damage reported
(Updates with no reports of damage or injuries)
Aug 13 (Reuters) - A magnitude 5.8 earthquake struck the southwest Mexican state of Oaxaca on Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey said, but there were no immediate reports of any damage or injuries.
The quake had a depth of 10 km and its epicentre was 16 km (10 miles) west of the town of Pinotepa Nacional.
An emergency services official in Pinotepa told Reuters that no damage had been reported by its patrols, and Mexico City Mayor Miguel Angel Mancera said on his Twitter feed there had been no damage in the capital, Mexico City. (Reporting by John Stonestreet and Simon Gardner; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran atom talks set to resume next month after missing deadline
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'