U.S. health insurer WellPoint to change name to Anthem Inc
Aug 12 (Reuters) - U.S. health insurer WellPoint Inc said it plans to change its corporate name to Anthem Inc in an attempt to realize gains from a name used for most of its health-insurance products.
WellPoint, which runs Anthem and Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans, said the change would help create alignment between its corporate identity and product brands.
The company expects the change in name to be effective by November 2014, after approval from shareholders.
Anthem Inc acquired WellPoint Health Networks in a transaction that closed in 2004, and the combined company took the name WellPoint Inc. (Reporting by Tanvi Mehta in Bangalore; Editing by Jan Paschal)
- Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA official
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold