Chiquita Brands rejects Cutrale-Safra bid
Aug 14 (Reuters) - Chiquita Brands International Inc rejected a takeover offer from juice maker Cutrale and investment firm and Safra Group and said it would go ahead with a deal with Irish tropical fruit company Fyffes Plc.
Chiquita's shares fell 1.2 percent in after-market trading on Thursday.
Cutrale and Safra offered to acquire the banana producer in a $610.5 million cash deal on Monday, two months after Fyffes struck an all-stock deal worth $526 million to acquire Chiquita.
Chiquita said the Cutrale-Safra "inadequate" and that it would not hold negotiations with the groups "at this time." (Reporting by Siddharth Cavale in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |