US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat after recent gains
NEW YORK Aug 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Thursday as investors found few reasons to buy following a sharp rally in the previous session and amid signs of weakness in Europe and ongoing uncertainty over Ukraine.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 19.52 points or 0.12 percent, to 16,671.32, the S&P 500 gained 3.12 points or 0.16 percent, to 1,949.84 and the Nasdaq Composite added 5.09 points or 0.11 percent, to 4,439.22. (Reporting by Ryan Vlastelica; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor