Canada finance minister encouraged by revised July jobs data
WINNIPEG Aug 15 (Reuters) - Canadian Finance Minister Joe Oliver said on Friday he was encouraged by revised jobs data for July that showed the economy created 41,700 jobs last month.
Oliver also told reporters in Winnipeg that he was cautiously optimistic about the prospects for the Canadian economy. (Reporting by Rod Nickel, writing by David Ljunggren; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets