American Lincicome three clear at LPGA Championship
(Reuters) - American Brittany Lincicome surged to a three-stroke lead after the second round at the LPGA Championship on Friday.
Lincicome, a five-time LPGA winner, broke clear with a four-under-par 68 at the Monroe Golf Club in Pittsford, New York.
She was at nine-under 135, while compatriot Lexi Thompson (72) and South Korean Park Inbee (66) were equal second on six-under.
Thompson was the first round leader, while Park is defending champion.
(Reporting by Andrew Both in Cary, North Carolina; Editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset