Iceland raises risk level for volcano eruption to second-highest
STOCKHOLM Aug 18 (Reuters) - Iceland's met Office on Monday raised its risk level for an eruption at its Bardarbunga volcano to orange, which is the fourth level on a five-grade scale.
There has been intense seismic activity at Bardarbunga since Aug. 16.
The eruption of Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano in 2010 shut down much of Europe's airspace for six days, affecting more than 10 million people and costing $1.7 billion. (Reporting by Anna Ringstrom; Editing by Toby Chopra)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |