RPT-MYANMAR PRESS-Labour minister advises insurance cover for foreign-funded units - 7Day Daily
(Repeats to add "Myanmar Press" tag in headline) Labour Minister Aye Myint has advised the Myanmar Investment Commission to insure factories set up using foreign direct investment so as to ensure workers are compensated in case of issues with the owner, the 7Day Daily reported.
A South Korean factory owner had shut down his unit and fled last month without paying any compensation to the workers, the daily said. ----
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Yangon Newsroom; Editing by Biju Dwarakanath)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'