Nationwide first-quarter profit more than doubles
LONDON Aug 18 (Reuters) - Nationwide Building Society , Britain's biggest customer-owned lender, said on Monday that first-quarter profits more than doubled.
Underlying profit of 263 million pounds ($440 million) in the three months to June 30 was up 117 percent against the same period last year. ($1 = 0.5978 British Pounds) (Reporting by Clare Hutchison)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian parliament gunman acted alone: police |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement