Petra Diamonds says to mine about 3.2 mln carats this fiscal year
Aug 18 (Reuters) - Petra Diamonds Ltd said it would mine about 3.2 million carats in the financial year ended June 2015, an increase of 3 percent from the previous year.
The company, which has five producing mines in South Africa and one in Tanzania, said it remained on track to meet its production target of about 5 million carats annually by the 2019 financial year.
London-listed Petra Diamonds gets most of its production from five mines it bought from Anglo American Plc's De Beers unit, the world's biggest diamond producer by value. (Reporting by Karen Rebelo and Esha Vaish in Bangalore; Editing by Ted Kerr)
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |