CORRECTED-Amgen parathyroid drug succeeds in late-stage trial (Aug 18)
(Corrects headline and paragraph 1 in Aug. 18 story to replace "thyroid" with "parathyroid"))
Aug 18 (Reuters) - Drugmaker Amgen Inc said its experimental drug to reduce parathyroid levels in patients with chronic kidney disease met the main goal in a late-stage trial.
The drug, AMG 416, treats hyperparathyroidism, or excessive secretion of parathyroid hormone, in kidney disease patients.
The results follow the recent announcement of positive data from a placebo-controlled late-stage study of AMG 416, which was similar in design and size. (Reporting By Amrutha Penumudi in Bangalore)
- Pennsylvania sniper held without bail in trooper shooting |
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Wall St. rallied broadly as BOJ ramps up stimulus