Home Depot quarterly sales rise 5.7 pct
Aug 19 (Reuters) - Home Depot Inc, the world's largest home improvement chain, reported a 5.7 percent rise in quarterly sales as customers spent more on home repairs after a severe North American winter.
Home Depot's net income rose to $2.05 billion, or $1.52 per share, in the second quarter ended Aug. 3 from $1.79 billion, or $1.24 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $23.81 billion from $22.52 billion.
Comparable store sales increased 5.8 percent, while U.S. same-store sales rose 6.4 percent. (Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |