Fighting halts efforts to recover Ukraine refugee convoy bodies-Kiev
KIEV Aug 19 (Reuters) - Operations to recover more bodies from a refugee convoy in eastern Ukraine that was hit by shelling on Monday have been suspended because of renewed fighting, a Ukrainian military spokesman said on Tuesday.
"Yesterday evening we managed to find 15 bodies. Work (to recover more) has now been suspended because military activity has begun again in the area," the spokesman, Andriy Lysenko, told a news briefing. (Reporting by Natalia Zinets; Writing by Christian Lowe; Editing by Maria Kiselyova)
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video