Shooting erupts in centre of Ukraine's Donetsk - Reuters reporter
DONETSK, Ukraine Aug 19 (Reuters) - Intense shooting erupted on Tuesday in the centre of the Ukrainian city of Donetsk, the stronghold of pro-Moscow separatist rebels, a Reuters reporter at the scene said.
The Reuters reporter said 5-6 rebel gunmen were hiding behind the cars in a parking lot of a shopping mall, running and firing at another group of people.
Earlier in the day, artillery fire was heard on the outskirts of Donetsk and residents said it was the first time there had been shelling in the area. (Reporting by Maria Tsvetkova; Writing by Dmitry Zhdannikov; Editing by Christian Lowe)
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports