Artillery fire heard on outskirts of rebel-held Ukrainian city
DONETSK, Ukraine Aug 19 (Reuters) - Artillery fire could be heard on Tuesday in the settlement of Makiivka, on the eastern outskirts of the rebel-controlled city of Donetsk, Reuters reporters at the scene said.
Residents said it was the first time there had been shelling in the area. Two minivans and one car with about a dozen separatist fighters were heading to the area where the sound of the blasts was coming from. Two ambulances were seen coming from the neighbourhood. (Reporting by Maria Tsvetkova; Writing by Christian Lowe; Editing by Alissa de Carbonnel)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Missouri grand jury makes decision in fatal shooting of black teen |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |