Amgen parathyroid drug succeeds in late-stage trial
(Reuters) - (This story corrects headline and first paragraph in Aug. 18 story to replace "thyroid" with "parathyroid"))
Drugmaker Amgen Inc said its experimental drug to reduce parathyroid levels in patients with chronic kidney disease met the main goal in a late-stage trial.
The drug, AMG 416, treats hyperparathyroidism, or excessive secretion of parathyroid hormone, in kidney disease patients.
The results follow the recent announcement of positive data from a placebo-controlled late-stage study of AMG 416, which was similar in design and size.
(Reporting By Amrutha Penumudi in Bangalore)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |