Puerto Rico's CRO duties to include financial restructuring
NEW YORK Aug 19 (Reuters) - The new role of chief restructuring officer at Puerto Rico's electric power authority PREPA will include both financial and operational restructuring, according to a document posted on the website of Puerto Rico's Government Development Bank on Tuesday.
"The CRO shall work alongside PREPA's chief executive officer (Executive Director) to develop, organize and manage a financial and operational restructuring of PREPA on terms to be approved by the board," the statement said.
PREPA must agree on a restructuring officer with bondholders by Sept. 8, according to the forbearance agreement it signed with creditors on Thursday. (Reporting by Edward Krudy; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |