Vienna fund a "ray of hope" for Bulgaria's Corpbank: PM
SOFIA Aug 20 (Reuters) - An unidentified fund based in Vienna has expressed interest in rescuing Bulgaria's Corporate Commercial Bank (Corpbank) and will present a concrete plan to do so within 10 days, Bulgaria's Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki said on Wednesday.
The fate of the country's fourth-largest lender has been in limbo since June, when a run on deposits at the bank prompted the central bank to seize control and close its operations.
"Yes, a fund, based in Vienna, showed interest in rescuing Corpbank," Bliznashki told reporters at a news conference. "Their representatives will present a concrete plan within 10 days ... it's a ray of hope but we'll see." (Reporting by Angel Krasimirov; Writing by Matthias Williams; Editing by David Holmes)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies