Infineon poised to buy U.S. chipmaker - source
FRANKFURT Aug 20 (Reuters) - Germany's Infineon is poised to buy a U.S.-based semiconductor company for about $2 billion, a person close to the deal told Reuters on Wednesday.
Bloomberg earlier cited people familiar with the matter as saying a deal could be announced later on Wednesday.
Bloomberg had named Power Integrations, Fairchild Semiconductor and Semtech as possible targets.
The person close to the deal told Reuters that Infineon was not buying Fairchild or larger Freescale and declined to comment on other candidates. (Reporting by Alexander Huebner; Writing by Maria Sheahan; Editing by Alexander Smith and Victoria Bryan)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting