Lowe's Cos quarterly sales rise 5.6 pct
Aug 20 (Reuters) - Home improvement chain Lowe's Cos Inc reported a 5.6 percent rise in quarterly sales as more people undertook home renovation projects after a prolonged winter.
Net income rose to $1.04 billion, or $1.04 per share, in the second quarter ended Aug. 1, from $941 million, or 88 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $16.59 billion from $15.71 billion.
Same store sales rose 4.4 percent. (Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- North Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |