Mexico's Pena Nieto eyes annual economic growth of 5 pct around 2018
MEXICO CITY Aug 20 (Reuters) - Mexico's annual economic growth rate could rise to around 5 percent by around 2018 in the wake of a series of economic reforms spanning energy to telecoms, President Enrique Pena Nieto said on Wednesday.
"We forecast ... that in the coming years, with the reforms, in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, the growth of our economy will increase," Pena Nieto said. "To 3, 4 percent and around 2018 we could see annual growth of around 5 percent." (Reporting by Simon Gardner, Christine Murray, Noe Torres)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor