Mexico's Pena Nieto eyes annual economic growth of 5 pct around 2018
MEXICO CITY Aug 20 (Reuters) - Mexico's annual economic growth rate could rise to around 5 percent by around 2018 in the wake of a series of economic reforms spanning energy to telecoms, President Enrique Pena Nieto said on Wednesday.
"We forecast ... that in the coming years, with the reforms, in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, the growth of our economy will increase," Pena Nieto said. "To 3, 4 percent and around 2018 we could see annual growth of around 5 percent." (Reporting by Simon Gardner, Christine Murray, Noe Torres)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- N.Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |