Staples profit falls on lower sales of core office supplies
Aug 20 (Reuters) - Staples Inc's quarterly profit fell 20 percent as it sold fewer computers and core office supplies in North America.
The largest U.S. office supply retailer said net income fell to $81.9 million, or 13 cents per share, in the second quarter ended Aug. 2 from $102.5 million, or 16 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total sales fell 1.8 percent to $5.2 billion.
North America and online sales fell 6 percent to $2.3 billion. (Reporting by Devika Krishna Kumar in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5