Chinese bank BoCom H1 profit up 5.6 pct, meets estimates
HONG KONG/SHANGHAI Aug 21 (Reuters) - China's Bank of Communications Co Ltd , the country's fifth-largest listed bank, reported a 5.6 percent rise in first half net profit, in line with forecasts, as interest income remained steady.
BoCom on Thursday posted net profit of 36.77 billion yuan($5.98 billion) for the January-June period. A Reuters poll of analysts had forecast net income of 36.9 billion yuan for the first half.
The first-half figure implies a net profit of 18.08 billion yuan in the second quarter, up 5.6 percent from the same year ago period.
($1 = 6.1510 Chinese yuan) (Reporting by Engen Tham in SHANGHAI and Lawrence White in HONG KONG; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report