Chinese bank BoCom H1 profit up 5.6 pct, meets estimates
HONG KONG/SHANGHAI Aug 21 (Reuters) - China's Bank of Communications Co Ltd , the country's fifth-largest listed bank, reported a 5.6 percent rise in first half net profit, in line with forecasts, as interest income remained steady.
BoCom on Thursday posted net profit of 36.77 billion yuan($5.98 billion) for the January-June period. A Reuters poll of analysts had forecast net income of 36.9 billion yuan for the first half.
The first-half figure implies a net profit of 18.08 billion yuan in the second quarter, up 5.6 percent from the same year ago period.
($1 = 6.1510 Chinese yuan) (Reporting by Engen Tham in SHANGHAI and Lawrence White in HONG KONG; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Global stocks succumb to growth fears; ECB trillion euro question awaits
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Hong Kong warns democracy protesters of firm response |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold