Photo Release -- 3D Systems Opens New Software Development and Innovation Center in Cary, NC
- Accelerates development of integrated design-to-manufacturing solutions and perceptual devices
- Delivers seamless digital thread, from physical photography, scan-based design and inspection to 3D printing
- Expands demonstration, education and training at world-class facility
ROCK HILL, S.C., Aug. 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it has opened its new innovation center and software development facility in Cary, North Carolina. With 22,000 square feet of dedicated R&D space, the new center supports the full range of Geomagic® software products, as well as the development of new scanning capabilities for 3DS' latest perceptual devices, including SenseTM and CaptureTM.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=27237
"This new innovation center showcases our ongoing commitment to providing the best 3D engineering, design and printing software tools available, with a focus on affordability and usability," said Calvin Hur, Vice President and General Manager Geomagic Solutions for 3DS. "We are reinventing the engineer's desktop and workflow, providing a seamless digital thread that extends from physical photography, scan-based design and inspection to 3D printing."
The new facility also boasts a comprehensive 3D design-to-print showroom and training facilities, providing interactive engagements and live demonstrations for customers, resellers and partners.
Learn more about 3DS' commitment to manufacturing the future today at www.3dsystems.com.
About 3D Systems
3D Systems is pioneering 3D printing for everyone. 3DS provides the most advanced and comprehensive 3D design-to-manufacturing solutions including 3D printers, print materials and cloud sourced custom parts. Its powerful digital thread empowers professionals and consumers everywhere to bring their ideas to life in material choices including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. 3DS' leading healthcare solutions include integrated 3D planning and printing for personalized surgery and patient specific medical and dental devices. Its democratized 3D design and inspection products embody the latest perceptual, capture and touch technology. Its products and services replace and complement traditional methods with improved results and reduced time to outcomes. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, plan, guide, prototype or produce functional parts, devices and assemblies, empowering customers to manufacture the future.
Leadership Through Innovation and Technology
- 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
- 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
- 3DS invented the Color-Jet-Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
- 3DS invented Multi-Jet-Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
- 3DS Medical Modeling pioneered virtual surgical planning (VSP) and its services are world-leading, helping many thousands of patients on an annual basis.
Today its comprehensive range of 3D printers is the industry's benchmark for production-grade manufacturing in aerospace, automotive, patient specific medical device and a variety of consumer, electronic and fashion accessories.
CONTACT: Investor Contact: Stacey Witten Email: Stacey.Witten@3dsystems.com Media Contact: Alyssa Reichental Email: Press@3dsystems.com