Russian retailer O'Key posts 5 pct rise in H1 earnings
MOSCOW Aug 21 (Reuters) - Russian food retailer O'Key said on Thursday its first-half net profit rose 5 percent, year-on-year, to 1.7 billion roubles ($46.8 million).
Net earnings growth was held back by higher finance costs, income tax, and other expenses, while gross profit increased 18 percent to 17.5 billion roubles, helped by improved purchasing conditions, O'Key said in a statement.
(1 US dollar = 36.3280 Russian rouble) (Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Editing by Polina Devitt)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after deadline missed
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Some fund managers see oil falling to $60 without OPEC cut