Russia, in sanctions retaliation, bars entry to some Japanese citizens
MOSCOW Aug 22 (Reuters) - Russia's foreign ministry said on Friday it had handed Japan's ambassador in Moscow a list of Japanese citizens barred from entering Russia.
The ministry said in a statement that the list was a response to visa restrictions that Japan had imposed on a number of Russian citizens. The ministry did not say which Japanese citizens are on the barred list. (Reporting by Katya Golubkova; Writing by Christian Lowe)
- Alumnus shot dead after wounding three at Florida State University |
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds