Moderate quake hits El Salvador, no injuries reported
SAN SALVADOR (Reuters) - A moderate earthquake was felt in El Salvador on Thursday night, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
The U.S. Geological Survey said a 4.9 quake struck offshore about 40 miles (65 km) south of the coastal town of Chirilagua at a depth of 44 miles (70 km).
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.