Moderate quake hits El Salvador, no injuries reported
SAN SALVADOR (Reuters) - A moderate earthquake was felt in El Salvador on Thursday night, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
The U.S. Geological Survey said a 4.9 quake struck offshore about 40 miles (65 km) south of the coastal town of Chirilagua at a depth of 44 miles (70 km).
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- U.S. strikes help Iraq Kurds, army advances against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq